Online Money – Forum Posting
One of the easiest ways to make money online, if you have a flair for talking, is by forum posting.
A lot of webmasters have started hiring people to post on their forums so that their forums look busy and popular. They feel that by making their forums look more popular, they will be able to attract more long-term visitors. When you’re posting in forums, all you would have to do is initiate new threads, or respond to existing ones, and keep conversations going.
You may do this by posting interesting thoughts, thought-provoking conversation, or teaching people things. A cool perk of this job is that you get to learn new things. Also, if you post in forums that you’re already interested in, you basically get paid to have fun.
In order for you to become a forum poster, here are some steps you can take:
- Browse through freelancing sites such as fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, upwork.com, etc. Apply for forum posting jobs on those sites. Respond back to the buyer on time if you are called for an interview. Agree on the pay per post and the deadline. Get the job done within the accepted deadline
For each forum post you make, the general prices range anywhere from $0.10 to $0.50 per post. If you have time to devote to this during the day and are able to make between 200 to 1000 posts (depending on how much your job is worth), then you can earn $100 a day. You can also, of course, do whatever you would like per day and then mix and match with another suggestion from our lists.
Online Money –Forum Moderator
As long as forums exist, forum moderators need to exist.
This is because webmasters need people to block negative comments, make sure things are running smoothly and forum users are getting their questions and comments responded to. To be a forum moderator, you would need to monitor comments posted by users, delete spam, answer questions from users, and reply to user messages. You would also encourage threads, add new content to the site, and block comments posted by people who ignore forum rules. If you have an interest in certain forums, this could be very interesting for you to do. Just like with forum posting, you also have the potential to learn a lot.
- Post a profile on freelancing sites such as fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and upwork.com. Describe your interests and your levels of expertise. Look for forum moderator jobs on the same freelancing sites, and apply for them. Google forum moderation job openings. If there are forums you’re interested in, check with the owner. A lot of people don’t post on freelancing sites but rather prefer to hire people who post a lot.
- Depending on your role and experience, you can make anywhere from $3 to $20 an hour.
Online Money –Article Writing
If you are a good writer, you can earn money by writing articles for people with websites. Many website owners know that they need to keep their websites current and up to date, but don’t have the time to constantly create new content for them. Because of that, they hire people who can write on their behalf.
- Post a profile on freelancing sites such as Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and upwork.com. Describe your interests and your levels of expertise. Look for writing jobs on the same freelancing sites and apply for them.
- Google writer job openings. Ask the owners of websites that you already like if they are looking for writers.
Content writing jobs pay anywhere from $1 to $100+ based on the length of the article and your expertise. If you’re already an expert on the topic you’re writing about, you can often charge a premium. Even if you are new to writing, you can make upwards of $5 for each 100 words on an article.
Online Money – Become A Blogger
If there’s something you’re passionate about, you can create a blog where you can talk about it. This is a fun way to share your passions while learning and teaching about what you’re already excited about . In order to do this well, you would need to be a good writer with the ability to make people interested. You would also need to be able to post fairly regularly to a blog. Blogs can be monetized in several ways.
Just some ways are to have companies pay you to post their advertisements (this is better for blogs with a lot of traffic), or put Google AdSense on your blog. With this option, Google pays you every time someone clicks on an advertisement.
Choose a company to blog with. Two of the most popular ones are Blogger or WordPress. Decide if you want a free account or if you would like to host the blog on your own domain (if you bought a domain, your blog could like www.yourpassion.com, or a free account would look like www.yourpassion.wordpress.com).
Most people opt to buy a domain so that their blog appears more professional. If you choose to do this, you’ll need to sign up with a hosting company, and then have your domain routed to the hosting company. This may sound difficult but it’s actually very easy, BlueHost or Hostinger are recommended Hosting providers for your blog.
After your blog is set up, decorate it however you would like (WordPress calls the blog skins “themes”, and Blogger calls them “templates”). Post news, lessons, stories, or anything relevant to your blog. Add content as frequently as possible so that you build up a regular readership base. AdSense give you revenues on top of the content you build.Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods (you can outsource a lot of this to Burn Your To Do List if you don’t have the time or knowhow).You may look at this very website hosting this blog which you are reading right now.
It can take some time to establish a blog, but the profit potentials can be quite large. Some people report making in the millions of dollars from a blog. Your earnings will vary based on traffic you get to the blog, how interesting your content is, how often you post, and the types of advertisements you put on your blog.
Online Money – Become Guest Writer
Webmasters sometimes need specific experts to create content for their websites. They might not know enough about a specific topic, or want to have someone else’s insight. If you’re an expert in any particular niche, you can make some excellent money by writing in and offering your wisdom.
Make sure to establish yourself as an expert in your niche by making a presence in the websites and forums in your area of interest. Sometimes, people will just ask if you’re interested in creating content. After you’ve established a presence, you can also write to website and forum owners and let them know what your expertise is and that you’d be interested in creating content for them should they be interested. When you get a writing job, make sure your content is written and submitted as early as possible. If you establish a good reputation, you can get references for other sites and hopefully end up writing for more.
Depending on the length of the piece you create and the obscurity of the topic, you can make anywhere from $25 to $200 each time you write.
Online Money – Podcasting
Podcasting is similar to blogging, only you would do it via voice instead of typing.
You would get the same benefits and approach it the same way (post regular content, etc.)… but it’s just a way to suit people who would rather learn via listening versus reading. To get started with podcasting, you need a headphone, microphone, and software in which to record your audio. You can earn money with podcasting the same way you would with blogging – via advertisements, Google AdSense, and by recommending other programs that offer commissions.
Create a website with which to put podcasts on .Record your content – you can use a free recording program such as Audacity if you don’t already have something .Convert your recordings to mp3. Upload your mp3 along with a description to your website. Start sharing it! Get it converted in to MP3 format. Upload the mp3 on your site. Add content as frequently as possible so that you build up a regular listener base. Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods .
Online Money – Online Counselor
Many people like to go online for counseling instead of meeting people in person. They feel that they can be more anonymous this way, and they also have the convenience of not needing to drive anywhere.
If you have the ability to counsel people effectively, this could be a fun job for you. You do not need to have a special degree, although it would obviously give you a cutting edge.
Create a website that discusses your qualifications and how you are able to help people. If you don’t have a degree or qualifications to prescribe anything to people, let them know. Some people just want to pay you so that you can listen to them and they can vent their frustrations. Just make sure not to overstep what you can legally do.
Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods. Start building up your customer base. Do a great job, implement word-of- mouth referral programs, and start collecting testimonials from the people you help. Depending on your skill level, you can make from $100-$200 an hour and upwards.
Online Money – Translation
If you know any other second language, then it will help you make money by opting for translation jobs. This is another easy way to make use of your spare time and convert it into money. Especially if you know any of the languages for which translators are in huge demand.
In order for you to become a Translator, here are some steps you can take:
You can get hired for translation jobs through any of the freelancing sites There are many sites which provide translation services exclusively. You can submit your interest and get hired through any of those sites as well. Identify the sites which post all the jobs related to translation. Get yourself registered in those sites. You can start your own site and make people know about the translation services that you are ready to offer.
You can get paid anything from $0.01 per word depending on the demand for the language. If the number of translators for the language are scarce, then you can charge a good rate per word
Online Money – Outsourcing Middle Man
Many companies look to hire people in order to help them expand their web presence, to create content for their blog, or help assist them with other tasks. If you are good at managing people as well as marketing, you can act as an “agent” for some outsourcers. Identify people that can do certain work, and then advertise their services to other businesses. Mark up the price so that you can make a profit.
Browse through freelancing sites, forums, and websites to find people that you can hire. Create a website where you lay out the services your team can do, as well as prices and turnaround times. Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods . Start building up your customer base. Do a great job, implement word-of- mouth referral programs, and start collecting testimonials from the people you help.
A lot of how much you can make depends on the type of services you offer, how many clients you can handle simultaneously, and how well you can market your services.
Online Money – Employee Referral
Many companies will offer referral bonuses for people who can recruit excellent new employees for their organization. If you know a lot of people or have relationships with recruiters, this can be an easy way to earn some extra cash. You can also find potential prospects for companies by using the internet.
More companies do have employee referral programs than don’t, which means you have a lot of opportunity to help employees find potential jobs. If you’re unsure if a company offers a referral program, give them a call and ask. You may want to start with your own company, if you currently have a job. Find out if the people in your network are looking for jobs. Go on freelancing sites and check out the profiles of people there.
Communicate with people that sound good, and see if they’d be interested in getting more regular work. Refer people to HR of the company you work with or other company that you’re recommending them for. You will get paid if they get hired. You can also try to build up a relationship with external recruiters. If you can do this, then you can get a list of current job openings from them. This can be incredibly lucrative.
Bonuses are anywhere from $50 to the $1000’s of dollars. A lot of this depends on the type of position (the stronger the qualifications needed, the higher the referral bonus) as well as the company you’re working with.
Online Money – Website or Domain Broker
There are a lot of people interested in buying people’s sites. They would like to buy sites so that they can own established websites without having to do the work on their own, or they see profit potential on sites, and so on and so forth. A lot of people would love to sell their sites, too… but don’t know how. As a website broker, you can connect buyers and sellers to each other and take a percentage of the sale for making the introductions.
Create a website outlining the basics of what you do. As you get buyers and sellers interested, update the website with what buyers are looking for and what sellers have. Don’t put seller’s site details on your website, otherwise buyers can go around you to bypass your commission. Just put general details. Start finding people interested in buying or selling their sites.
You can find these people by going on existing sites for buying and selling such as Flippa.com . Even if people are already listed on one website, it doesn’t mean they don’t want additional help. Don’t give out site details to buyers until you get them to sign paperwork saying that they won’t go around you, sign a noncompete, and so forth. When a deal is made, collect a percentage of the profits.
You can make anywhere from $100 to the millions of dollars, depending on how valuable a site and/or domain is.
Online Money – Start Forum Website
As stated before, many webmasters want people to post in their forums. A lot of times they will hire just one person, but at other times, they want a lot of people to go in at once, but don’t feel like hiring a lot of individual people. If you can pool up 5-10 forum posters yourself, you can provide a “one-stop” service where a webmaster can pay you and you can then go out and pay people individually.
- Create a website advertising your services. You can hire forum posters from any of the freelancing sites or by looking on forums where people are interested in working, such as work-at-home mom websites. Obviously a lot will depend on what you charge and how much you have to pay your employees, but you can easily make $100/day by doing this after getting enough clients.
Online Money – Referral Exchange Programs
There are many independent programmers who take a lot of work from clients. There are times when they have too much work to do and can’t take on new projects, and so they have to pass on new jobs. You can create relationships with these people in order to take their excess work, and then either outsource it or do it yourself. On the other hand, if you have too much work to handle. you can refer it to other people and charge them fees for your references. No matter which way you decide to do this, you can profit.
Get yourself registered in referral exchange forums . Find people that are able to take last minute work. Find people that are in your industry and regularly accepting freelance work. Decide on rates that you will pay people that give you work, and rates you will charge for outsourcing work. Make sure to do a great job and to only refer people you trust, so that you can continue doing this without worry of hurting your reputation.
- The profits will change based on how much you charge for referring work, as well as what you pay people for giving you references. You also have to account for how much you charge to do the actual work. You can easily make $100 a day doing this though, once you build up your partner base.
Online Money – Buying & Selling Links
In order to get higher search engine rankings on Google, a lot of people feel that they need to have a lot of backlinks pointing their site. Backlinks are basically links on other people’s websites pointing to another site. When someone links to another person’s website, it shows Google that their website is worth linking to, and so Google gives it preference for their search engine placements.
The higher the search engine placement, the more publicity a business gets, so a lot of people try hard to get more links to their websites. Because so many people want links, you can profit on this by acting as an intermediary between people who are willing to sell links and people who are willing to buy them.
You can look for those who want to buy or sell links in forums of sites which talk about links (Example: http://www.linkadage.com/).Make yourself aware of the link buying and selling guidelines. Market only valuable links (links that have high Page Rank on Google).You can also create a website advertising your services. Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods (you can outsource a lot of this to Burn Your To Do List if you don’t have the time or knowhow).
It depends on the amount you charge for connecting people. You can also buy links on your own and then charge people for them, in which you can create your own pricing. You can make anywhere from $1 to $300 for a link, depending on how valuable the site is.
Online Money – Resell SSL Certificates
An SSL certificate is something that websites often use in order to prove that their website is secure. This certificate is digitally “signed” by a certificate authority that people already trust after they verify the identify of a secure site.
Many website visitors need to know a site is secure before they submit payment or personal information, so webmasters NEED the SSL certificates. You can become a partner with any company that offers SSL certificates and resell them on their behalf. These companies either will either sell their SSL certificates to you at a discount, and you can resell them, or they will offer you incentives based on the number of sales you make. You can find examples of such incentives here or here.
Browse the net and make a list of companies that offer SSL certificates . Sign up for partnership account with the company. Identify potential customers and make the sales. Provide a list of number of sales you made for the month to the company
If the company with which you have become a partner offer sales incentives, then it depends on the number of certificates you sell and how much that particular company is offering. If the company with which you have become a partner offer certificates at discounted prices for you, then your profit will be the margin that you keep for yourself.
Online Money – Drop Shipping
Some people hesitate to sell on eBay and other websites because they don’t want to have to go through the pain of storing products, getting them packaged properly, and then shipping the products to customers. There is an alternative to that though, called drop shipping. If you opt to this, then you don’t need to touch the products at all. All you would do is sell the products, and then once you make a sale, a wholesaler would ship it on your behalf as soon as you provide them the name and address of each customer.
- Get yourself registered in eBay as a seller and/or create your own website. Make a list of wholesalers who provide drop shipping. Make sure the drop shippers do not include their contact information on the packages they send out (otherwise customers can go directly to them in the future). You can find out about many drop shipping companies by going to this site.
- List the products that wholesalers can ship. Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods.
- The difference between the sale price and the wholesaler price will be the profit margin that you will enjoy.
- You can make anywhere from a few bucks to thousands of dollars per sale, depending on what you’re selling. You can definitely make $100 a day or more with this.
Online Money – Sell Unused Items
If you have unused items – anything from old clothes to your grandmother’s antiques at home, then try to sell those items on eBay, OLX, Quikr. You’ve undoubtedly heard the saying “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”, and it could be quite possible to earn quite a bit of money while uncluttering your home.
- Get registered in eBay as a seller. Set up your own Paypal account to receive the payment. Look around your house and identify your unused things that you would like to sell. List your items for sale on eBay.
- This depends on what you’re selling, of course. You can make anywhere from a few dollars to thousands of dollars by selling your unused items.
Online Money – Buy & Sell Items on eBay
If you frequent eBay, you can attempt to buy other people’s items and sell them for a higher price. A lot of times people misspell their listings or don’t quite know the value of what they’re selling, so you can score bargains and then resell them for a profit. Another alternative is to buy items in bulk and sell them individually to various buyers at a higher price. You can do this either by placing an advertisement to attract those interested in selling their unused items or browse through eBay itself to buy and sell old items.
- Go through eBay and see what items you can find. Purchase items which you think will sell well. Identify buyers who would like to purchase the items. You may also want to consider building up a website and advertising on places other than eBay.
- This will depend on the profit margins you create and the value of each item. You can make anywhere from a few dollars to a few hundred.
Online Money – Do Paid Surveys
This is one of the ways that a lot of students love to make easy and quick cash. When you work with paid surveys, you get paid to participate in surveys as well as share your opinion. While these don’t pay as well as some other options, the earnings add up, and all work is very easy.
- Identify legitimate paid survey sites. Get registered in few sites to start with .Let the company know about the type of surveys you would be interested to participate in. Start participating in as many surveys as possible. Share your honest opinion about the products. Send back the completed survey form at the earliest or within the deadline. You need a computer with internet connection.
- You need to have an opinion regarding the product. You should have some spare time to fill out the survey form and send it back on time.
- You can make anything between $1 and $100 depending on the type of survey and the length of the survey. Other than money, you can also enjoy some freebies, discount coupons, lucky draw, etc.
Online Money – Submit links to Social Book marking sites on other’s be half
Because there are so many websites online, it can be very difficult for webmasters to get their sites noticed and stay competitive. In order to attract more visitors and build traffic for their site, website owners sometimes decide to submit their websites to Social Bookmarking sites. Instead of doing it themselves, they often opt to hire service providers for a small fee, to submit their website links on various Social Bookmarking sites.
- Collect a list of quality Social Bookmarking sites which have many active members .Decide on a fee structure and create a way to collect payment. Try to find as many customers as possible. Start advertising your book on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods .Get the website links submitted on time. Provide clients with reports on the number of sites you submitted and the links you have created for the customer from time to time.
You can make earn between $10 per each set of 100 Social Bookmarking’s, and slowly increase the rate you charge based on your expertise.
Online Money – Part Time Data Entry Jobs
A lot of companies have random requests for different things, such as converting hard copy data to electronic data. If you have fantastic keyboarding skills with great accuracy, then why not make money out it?
Look out for data entry openings in freelancing sites such as Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and upwork.com. Start applying for those jobs. Get the documents done on time. Do the job as accurately as possible. Submit back the given job within required deadline. Collect testimonials and offer incentives for people to refer their friends.
You can make anything between $1 and $5 per hour depending on your speed and difficulty of the job.
Online Money – Get hired as Virtual Assistant
Individuals who run their own business often find it very difficult to manage and organize things by themselves. By working as a virtual assistant, you can help people schedule meetings, organize day to day activities, answer phone calls, etc., and so on. If you are good at research and organizing things, then you can opt to get hired as virtual assistant.
- Look out for virtual assistant openings in freelancing sites such as Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com
- Start applying for those jobs. Try to find as many customers as possible. Start advertising on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods (you can outsource a lot of this to Burn Your To Do List if you don’t have the time or knowhow).
- You can make anywhere between $3 to upwards of $100 per hour depending on your ability and experience.
Online Money – Editing and Proof Reading Jobs
There are times in which articles or reports need to be edited and proofread before they’re ready to be published online.
If you are a native speaker of whatever language a client needs a document proofread, or have good command over that language, then you can pick up editing and proofreading jobs. Get yourself registered in all the freelancing sites such as Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com. Get yourself registered to websites which provide editing/proof reading services to their customers. Check job postings daily and apply to ones that you are qualified for. Get hired and start earning.
- Many people view this as a very crucial job and will pay for it. You can get paid per article or by the hour. If you go with the latter route, expect at least $5 an hour for it, upwards to about $20 an hour.
Online Money – Browse the net
It might sound a bit hard to believe, but you can get paid to surf the internet. If you install a company’s software, they will often pay you to keep it on while you are surfing the web. The reason the companies do this is so that they can track your activity and figure out what sites their users go to, as well as figure out how to market. The downside of this one is that sometimes you’ll start finding random advertisements popping up, so do your due diligence and get a popup blocker (can be found for free by running a Google search).
- Browse through the net and make a list of companies that pay you to surf the net. Download and install their tracking software .Browse through the net and start earning. Companies pay you something around $0.50 for hour you browse and pay you something around $0.05 or $0.10 for every referral you provide.
Online Money – Click on Ads
Some companies will pay you to click on their advertisements in hopes of you liking the content on the other side. You can earn money for every ad you click, and this requires no skills at all.
- Browse through the net and make a list of companies that pay you to click on their ads (eg. http://www.advercash.net/)
- Make sure the site is a legitimate one before you get registered .Get yourself registered in the site .Start clicking the ads and start earning.
- You get paid something like $0.01 per click, as well as get money for referring other people to the sites. Although you COULD make $100 a day on this, this one is intended to be one of the methods that you use along with other ones to earn a total of $100 per day.
Online Money – Browse Freebie Sites
There are a lot of freebie sites online that you can sign up to in order to get a lot of valuable free items. While these sites don’t always offer cash, you can take the freebies and sell them to other people.
- Browse through the net and make a list of companies that offer freebies. You can also go on forums such as MyCoupons or FatWallet to get ideas from there. Sign up for the offers you’re interested in. Depending on the freebies you get, you can sell them for anywhere from a dollar to $20 or so.
Online Money – Software Load Testing
When a piece of software is almost finished with development, a company will hire people to test it out for them in order to find bugs and see how effective the software is. The company can take the information and improve their product before releasing it to the mass markets.
- Browse through the internet and search for “Load Testing jobs”
- Get yourself registered in freelancing sites like Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com, and look for such jobs.
- Get yourself registered in companies which offer exclusive testing services (Example. http://www.acutest.co.uk/).You can even create your own site and list the services you offer. Start advertising on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods .Once you get hired, provide a detailed report on the system response to the company.
- You can expect anything from $3 per hour depending on the difficulty of the job.
Online Money – Game Testing
Game testing is similar to software testing. With this, you would play and test out games in order to identify and possible defects. As a game tester you would need to play the game step by step and should look for even the smallest of errors, if any, and provide a detailed report. The companies take this feedback to enhance their product before launching it to the public. In order to become a Game Tester, it’s ideal for you to be a hard core gamer. You should also know how to play the games effectively to identify the bugs in the software. (For further tips you can feel free to refer here.
- Browse through the internet and search for “Game Tester jobs”. Get yourself registered in freelancing sites like Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com, and look for such jobs. Get yourself registered in gaming sites. You can even create your own site and list the services you offer. Once you get hired, provide a detailed and effective report on the bugs in the system. You can expect anything from $5 – $12 per hour depending on the difficulty and the time involved.
Online Money – Design or Build Websites
If you are good at HTML, graphics and Photoshop, then web designing might be a great option for you to consider. In order to create websites, you just need some creativity and knowhow of how to use the tools. You can often create impressive websites using templates alone, and people will gladly pay so that they don’t need to take the time to figure out how to learn the programs.
- Look for jobs on sites like Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com. Make sure you clearly read over all job descriptions. Once you’re sure you understand what a client is looking for and feel confident that you can do it, apply for the job. Make sure you deliver in accordance with the requirements. You can get paid anything from $10 or more per hour, or sometimes you can charge per website. Websites often go for $100 or more per site, with more being added for custom designs, extra pages, and so forth.
Online Money – Create Automation Software
Many people have begun becoming very interested in automation services or software where a task can be done for them without having to do as much manual work. Some examples of these pieces of software include automated software for article rewriting, for checking spelling/grammatical errors in the articles, for article spinning, for PDF to word conversion, and so forth. Even though there are a lot of pieces of software out there already, there is still a lot out there that is ready to be identified. If you can identify the needs and create the software, you can make a pretty penny.
- Browse through the administration jobs in freelancing sites to get a fair idea about what sort of services are required. For example, you might see a specific job where someone is asking to extract a set of data from a particular site and populate it in excel.
- If demand is high for a specific service, you can mass-market a software. You might also want to create something for one specific buyer and charge them for it. Another option is to take jobs and charge the market rate as if it were manual work, but use your software to speed up the production.
- If you decide to make mass market software, you can charge anywhere from $5 to thousands of dollars. Most software runs $100 or less. If you are providing the required services by yourself, then you can charge on a per entry basis. For example, if you are collecting name and telephone numbers listed on a site, you can charge something like $0.01 per entry.
Online Money – Provide Uptime Monitoring Services
Webmasters generally want to make sure that their website is working as frequently as possible. If their site goes down for any reason, they want to know how long it was down and why. This is crucial for webmasters as a lot of times, their sites are their sources of income. Because of this, they hire people to monitor the uptime for their websites. You could use free uptime monitoring software, put in a website’s details, download the reports, and provide them to a webmaster. Even though some webmasters know about this software, they’d still rather hire someone to do it for them so they don’t need to think about it.
- Browse through the internet and download a free uptime monitoring software (Example: http://www.internetuptimemonitor.com/)
- Get yourself registered in freelancing sites like Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com and look for uptime monitoring jobs. Get hired and generate the report from the software from time to time. Provide timely reports to the buyer as agreed. Get the job done and get paid.
- If someone knows about uptime monitoring, they probably also know about the free software they could use, so you’re more being paid for saving them time than anything else. If you get a lot of clients and charge a monthly fee – even $10 to send a detailed report weekly – then get 300 clients, you could make $3,000 with just that. Another route to go is to explain to people who don’t know about the software why uptime monitoring is so important, and then sell them. This should be an easier sale for you.
Online Money – Host Affiliate Website
If you don’t want to sell products – either with drop shipping or having your own products – then you could also consider becoming an affiliate. As an affiliate, you simply refer people to other sites and earn a commission every time a sale is made. You can become an affiliate for major stores like Target, Wal-Mart, or Amazon, as well as very specific niche sites.
- Design a website for yourself and set up a virtual store along with payment methods. You can also register as a seller on eBay or Amazon. Alternatively, you could simply give reviews of products and then link people directly to the pages of the products that you are mentioning.
- Make sure that you’re signed up on some affiliate sites. Some of the more popular ones include Clickbank and Commission Junction.Those sites are both directories and can give you more information about hundreds of merchants with affiliate programs.
- Start building your customer base. Advertise in websites or forums, social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods .
- Some affiliate programs will pay per lead – anywhere from $.20 to $100 –
while others charge a percentage of sales – while others pay a flat amount per sale. This is highly different for each type of program.
Online Money – Build Directory Services
You can choose any particular topic(s) and build a quality directory on it. On the directory, you would create hyperlinks to all of the websites within whatever your directory is about. You can do this for free, and then place advertisements on your site, or you could charge people to be placed on your directory.
- Decide on your business model and then begin setting up the site. If you decide to charge people to stay on your directory, make it worthwhile for them. Maybe you want to give them a few months for free as you build up traffic, or give some other perk that shows them why they should sign up with you. Start building your customer base.
- If you decide to list websites for free, then you would be paid for advertisements, which range anywhere from $.01 to a lot of money per click. You could also charge people to list advertisements on your site – anywhere from $20 a month to thousands of dollars, depending on how much traffic your site gets.
You could also charge a monthly fee – anywhere from $5 to $50 to more for premium options – for people to simply have their site listed in your directory.
Online Money – Stock Photography
If you are interested in photography, then you can take some interesting pictures and sell them as Stock Photos. Stock Photography is simply the act of licensing your photos so that people can use them as they wish. This is a fun way to make money on a passion that you already have.
- Here is an excellent website that explains how to sell stock photography in an extremely detailed and concise way. Once you start taking the photos, build yourself up a portfolio.
- You can make anything from few cents to thousands of dollars depending on the demand for your stock images. You will generally be paid on a royalty basis, getting paid whenever someone buys your photos. You will earn more money if a corporation uses your picture versus just an individual using a picture for fun on a website.
Online Money – Redirect Mis-Spelled Domains
There are a lot of people who mis-spell domain names when they’re looking for things, and get redirected to empty pages. You can buy the mis-spelled domains and redirect them to the right one . You will get credited with affiliate commissions for doing nothing but capitalizing on the mis-spellings.
- Look for affiliate programs to join. Read the affiliate Terms Of Service and make sure they’re OK with you finding mis-spellings (most are but some aren’t).Type in potential domains into Namecheap.com and see what mis-spellings you can find. Buy any domains you find and have them redirect to your affiliate link.
- This is hit or miss. I have one mis-spelled domain that silently made about $2,000 one year (the domain was missing a letter from the brand name). You can leverage by buying a lot of mis-spelled domains and make a nice passive income, especially considering your investment is only $8.81 (google “namecheap coupon code” when buying your domain if you buy it on Namecheap.)
Online Money – Buy Sell Valuable Website Names
You can make a lot of money by identifying small, valuable websites, and then buying them. If you can make even a few tweaks to improve profit and then hold on to the sites for a little bit of time, you can flip the sites and make more money than when you started. Not only can this be lucrative, but it can be really fun to find out about new niches and learn new things.
- You can buy or sell websites in sites www.WebsiteBroker.com or Flippa. You can also find sites by browsing the net and contacting website owners directly. Make sure to protect yourself by giving owners noncompete agreements and getting all your paperwork in order. Tweak the sites for maximum profit. Keep records of sales. Sell the site for a better price.
Online Money – Design T-Shirts
Create impressive images, logos, or compelling text via Photoshop. Get your creations printed on tee shirts and start selling them online. You can also make custom shirts for people. For example, some people might want their child or spouse’s picture on a shirt. You can use Photoshop to do any touch ups, and then sell the shirt for a premium price.
- You can get registered in any of the online shopping sites like Amazon.com, eBay.com etc. to find customers.
- Tell your friends and family about your new venture. Design a website. Advertise in websites or forums, social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods .You can sell t shirts from $10 and upwards.
Online Money – Write SEO Optimized Articles
Many people look for keyword optimized articles in their niche to generate more traffic to their websites. If you have knowledge of SEO and can write keyword optimized articles in any niche, then you can make good money out of it.Write articles based on keyword requirements, submit them back on time, and get paid. Use WordPress software for hosting your blogs.
You can either charge a flat free or hourly. If hourly, you can expect anywhere from $4 to $15 an hour. If by the article, you can charge from $.01 word (low end) to higher.
You can either charge a flat free or hourly. If hourly, you can expect anywhere from $4 to $15 an hour. If by the article, you can charge from $.01 word (low end) to higher.
Online Money – Write eBooks, Sell on Amazon Kindle
As everything goes digital, most people prefer to read books digitally instead of getting hard copies that take up space.
Create a small eBook of 50-100 pages on any interesting topic and start selling it.
- Create a website with a sales letter. If you don’t have the time or knowhow.Offer your book for sale in eBay, Amazon, etc. It depends on the topic and length of your eBook. You can test out different prices from anywhere to $5 to $100 and see what sells the best.
Online Money – Teach Online
If you are an expert in any subject, start teaching online and make money from it. You can teach any topic to anyone in any part of the world. There is a constant requirement for online teachers, especially from US and China. A lot of students in the U.S. need online help for random homework, assignments, etc. There is also a great demand from Chinese students who want to learn English. Another idea is to teach online computer classes to young children in India.
- Browse through the internet for e-tutor jobs and start applying for them. (Example: www.udemy.com, http://www.e-tutor.com/ , http://www.live-etutor.com/, etc). Start your own website and list down the subjects you teach. Provide proper services for your students as agreed. Monitor results so you can mention them to new prospective students.
You can charge between $4-$20 per hour depending on your experience and expertise on the subject.
Online Money – Online Research Work
With new businesses popping up every day, there is a constant requirement for internet research and data collection.
This shows up in many ways. For example, before someone starts a new business, they generally like to collect some basic data about the business: its demand and supply, its profitability, areas or countries where it can run well, etc. People that are looking for this are ready to hire someone to collect such data and provide a report for them. They will use this report to decide if they should even begin the business.
There are other types of research jobs available as well, and this can be a fun way to learn about a lot of new things. The decision to start with the business or not, depends on the results of the research. Considering the need for the job, it is a good idea to take up online research jobs, if you are net savvy and have lot of time to spare.
- Get yourself registered in freelancing sites like Fiverr.com, Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com .Apply for web research jobs
- Do in-depth research and provide a report as required by the buyer.
- If you work on fixed price jobs, you can expect anything between $5-$200 depending on the difficulty and the depth of research required. If you work on hourly jobs, you can charge anything between $3 and $50 depending on your experience.
Online Money – Software Review Services
Many programmers are ready to pay for outside reviewers as they need honest feedback about the programs they write.
If you are an expert in software development, then you can offer honest reviews for programmers regarding their program or software for a fee. When you provide such services, make sure you provide an in-depth review about both the good aspects and the flaws.
You can charge a fee based on the demand for your review and your expertise in the area (Example:http://www.softwarejudge.com, http://philip.greenspun.com/software/design-review)
- Write a few software reviews for free in order to show people the quality of content that you can provide. Use these as samples.
- Look at software forums and approach people who are creating new programs. Do a Google search to find potential prospects.
You can charge anywhere from $10 to the thousands of dollars, depending on your reputation and expertise. You could also consider having a company where many people do software reviews, and then you would create one large comprehensive report with everyone’s insight for a company. This could net you significantly more profit.
Online Money – Write Newsletters
If you’re good at writing, an option for you would be to create newsletters and circulate them on a somewhat routine basis. You can circulate them for free at first, but if your newsletters are really interesting and informative, you can build up your subscriber base. After that’s done, you can either charge to a “paid” model where people have to sign up to read your content, or you can just charge advertisers to promote themselves in your newsletter.
- Choose a topic that you want to write about .Go to forums which deals with that particular topic .Start participating in those forums to establish yourself as an expert . Create a signup page for people to sign up to your newsletter. Circulate your newsletters on a specific routine – either weekly, monthly, bimonthly, etc. As you build up subscribers, contact advertisers and let them know how many people they would have access to if they decided to pay you for advertising.
This will depend on your niche and amount of subscribers, but it wouldn’t be unreasonable to ask for $100 or more for an ad going out to 5,000 or more subscribers.
Online Money – Link Building
Backlinks are basically links on other people’s websites pointing to another site. When someone links to another person’s website, it shows Google that their website is worth linking to, and so Google gives it preference for their search engine placements. The higher the search engine placement, the more publicity a business gets, so a lot of people try hard to get more links to their websites. There is a way to ethically “manipulate” other websites to giving you links, and if you know how to do that, then you can provide those services for a fee.
The buyer will often supply you with places to build links to. You would just go to those places and follow whatever instructions the buyer gives you (sometimes you have to create a profile, other times you have to make blog comments, etc.).Once you get hired, start building quality links for your buyer’s site. You can make anything between $2 – $8 per hour depending on your expertise. You can make anything between $2 – $8 per hour depending on your expertise.
Online Money – Transcription Jobs
There are a lot of circumstances when things need to be transcribed. Some of these instances are when official meetings take place, or someone wants to have a written version of a webinar or video. Because transcription can be quite timely, companies often hire transcriptionists to type out whatever was said.
Get yourself registered in the sites which provide transcription services exclusively.Look for transcription positions and start applying for them. Once you get hired, type up the audio. Make sure it’s error free.
You can make anything between $3 – $50 per hour depending on your speed, experience and expertise. Transcriptionists who can get things done faster are able to charge a premium.
Online Money – PPC(Pay Per Click) Arbitrage
PPC arbitrage is when you buy ads on Google AdWords, and then when users click on the ads, they simply see a bunch of advertisements to go to other sites. They click on those advertisements, and you earn income .The difference between the amount you pay to buy the advertisement and the amount you receive per click is the profit you make. To know more about PPC arbitrage, feel free to refer here.
- Set up a very simple website for yourself. You will use this to direct people to new pages. Purchase some PPC ads on Google AdWords. Set up Google AdWords so that people are redirected to your webpage after they click through the ad. Get paid for every click on your ads. Pocket the difference.
This is highly dependent on several factors – the niche you’re in, how many ads you have up, how much you’re paying for each ad, how much you get paid when people click on your ads, etc… but you can safely assume anywhere from $.01 to $1. The key with this is to scale to a large degree.
Online Money – Sell Your Expertise
If you are an expert in any subject matter, then, you can become one of the guides in about.com. To become a guide in about.com, you need to browse through their available topics and apply for the topics that you are an expert in. You will have to go through their filtering process before getting hired and then if they choose you as one of the guides, you need to undergo their online training. You can learn more about this by going here. Apply here.
- Straight from the website: “In addition to a base payment (guaranteed to be $675 per month for Guides in their first two years, with a minimum of $500 per month afterwards), About.com pays Guides by measuring pageview growth (month-over-month for Guides in their first year, and year-over-year every year after) with payment incentives for pageview growth. If your pageviews grow, you will never make less than $675 per month.”
This is a nice way to get money in addition to using the other methods we have gone over.
Online Money – Put Subscription Wall to your blog
If you have managed to build enough traffic for your site, consider making it a subscription website. A subscription site is one in which people have to pay in order to view the content on it. This will only work if you have a strong follower base since there are millions of sites that have free content, but it is definitely something to consider.
- Choose a niche for yourself and start a website. Keep writing interesting content within the niche you have chosen.
- Participate in user forums which talks about your niche. Build your credibility by publishing only quality content .Keep posting contents on daily basis as long as possible. Over a period of time you can build regular followers for your site. After that is done, you can convert your site into a subscription site and start earning. You can play around with the numbers, but even $5 or $10 a month adds up very quickly.
Online Money – Consulting
As an extension to website review services, once you gain enough experience and expertise in reviewing websites and blogs, you can start an “upgrade” service by providing professional reports to websites. You can review their sites and let them know what needs to be fixed, what has worked the best for other websites, and what you think can be improved upon.
- Post an ad on your website saying that you are taking new clients for reviews. If your website is popular, that alone could be enough.
- Contact your old clients and let them know you’re offering private reviews that don’t have to be posted for all of the public to see.
- Do a search on Google and approach the websites in your niche. Websites that aren’t high in the search engines might be eager to get more traffic, and websites that already are high may still want more. The more offers you send, the better your results. Make sure to mention your website traffic numbers if you decide to send out emails. You can charge from $100 per review and upwards.
Online Money – Compose ring Tones in MIDI
A MIDI is a ‘Musical Instrument Digital Interface’ that allows interaction between electronic musical instruments and computerized devices, which allows you to record and play back music. If you can compose good music through MIDI, then you can sell your music as ringtones. To understand more, please refer here, here, or here. One of the sample sites to record MIDI – http://www.anvilstudio.com/fcompose.htm.
- Read the information refer here, here, or here. Go here to record your MIDI’s (or run a google search for “record MIDI”)
- Find places to sell your ringtones. Popular sites to sell include Lulu, Myxer, and Xingtone. For these sites, you will typically be paid via Paypal. Add your ringtones You can also create a website and refer your friends and family there.
- You can make anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars per ringtone you sell. The key would be to sell in bulk. You can also increase your chances of selling by including wallpaper to go along with the ringtones (possibly for free).
Online Money – Create CD Mixes
There are thousands of sites online which offer free audio or video downloads that you can legally download and use. You can take the best songs from there and create different CD mixes to sell. People may either buy them for personal use or as gifts. Not only can the CD mixes be heartfelt, but they’re also a great way to support independent artists. You could also consider creating custom mixes for people.
- Google “open source music”. You can also go here to find a blog post outlining 13 of the best sources for open source music.
- Start playing around and creating music. Tell your friends and family about your service.
- You could reasonably charge $10 or $15 for a regular CD, and $30 or more for a custom cd. You would just need to subtract the amount of money it costs to buy and ship the cd to get your overall profit.
Online Money – Become SEO Consultant
Search Engine Optimization is the process of helping websites get onto the top of Google. (So for example, when someone types in “San Diego baker”, every San Diego baker would want to show up on the top 10 of Google’s results. An SEO consultant would help make that happen.).As an SEO consultant, you would look at different elements of a client’s website and work with them to get their site SEO-friendly. You can get a full brief on SEO on the Wikipedia entry.
- Create a website for yourself. Show samples of what you’ve been able to do before with search engine results. To get clients, you may want to type in certain search terms and approach clients who are not already at the top and you think you can help.
- You can also find SEO consultant positions on Fiverr.com , Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com.
If you are an expert with proven track record, you can make an hourly rate (the minimum would be $10 an hour) or a set price every time a website goes to the top ($500 or more). You may want to start off with lower prices in the beginning to establish a track record and then go up as you learn more.